Rock Climbing Adventures for a Bold Experience
Boulderdash is an indoor rock climbing gym, that some seem might think is intimidating… While most people are afraid of heights, unfamiliar equipment, and lack of experience, Boulderdash will ease your mind with their knowledgeable and welcoming employees!
Arriving at the gym in Westlake Village you’ll find an array of families, friends of all ages, and children’s birthday parties ALL having the time of their lives! Whether you are looking for a new athletic challenge, a fun date, or family outing that everyone can enjoy, we can’t recommend Boulderdash enough! There are fun and challenging routes for climbers of all abilities and ages. For families, climbing is one sport where you can truly interact and participate with one another.
This is a fun activity, however, that takes a bit of planning ahead. If you are not certified to ‘belay’ (use a rope to secure your climbing partner while on the wall), you have a few choices for how to go about your first visit:
- If you are afraid of heights or just want to test the waters (or rocks, LOL) you can “boulder” without having any climbing experience or needing an instructor/belayer. Bouldering is climbing without ropes/harness on short walls. ‘Crash pads’ are provided for your safety.
- You can hire a belayer at the gym by the ½ hour for you and your friends to get a taste of the bigger walls. Simply call the gym ahead of time to reserve a belayer for your group.
- Learn how to belay during the Up Rope class. This class teaches you how to “belay,” and “tie into” a climbing rope. Up Rope is a two-hour class that begins in the classroom and then moves out into the main climbing area. To take the class, you need to reserve your space online ahead of time.
VC Experience inside scoop:
- Go early to avoid the crowds: If you feel more comfortable trying out the gym for your first time when it is quieter, try to plan your trip before 6pm on weekdays, or before 1 pm on weekends, as that is when they get the busiest.
- Get a bite after! There is an amazing Thai Restaurant in the same building as the gym. Seriously…Amazing.
- Sign your waiver online to save time when you get there.
- Are you a yogi (or want to be?) Get the most bang for your buck by going to the gym on a Monday-Thursday afternoon where you can end your climbing session with a yoga class at 7:30 pm with one of the best instructors in the county.
Best time to go: Afternoons
Price Range: $$
Kid Friendly: Yes
Duration: 1-2 hours
Maximize Experience: Get the most bang for your buck by going to the gym on a Monday-Thursday afternoon where you can end your climbing session with a yoga class at 7:30 pm with one of the best instructors in the county.
After you climb, head down to the Five07 Coffee House for some great cappuccinos and live music!
Have an experience you want us to share/feature? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org